March 26, 2013

Alaska Q&A:

Alaska Q&A // Home is with You

Since I've gotten a lot of the same questions from friends, family, and on yesterday's post...I thought I'd do one big answer session. If you have a question that doesn't get answered, feel free to ask and I can answer it another time or in an email. :) And if you have no idea what this is all about, check out yesterday's post!

What town in Alaska are you moving to?

>>We'll be living near Anchorage, AK.

When are you moving?

>>We leave North Carolina later this week! We'll head to Kansas and Dave will fly out from there, I'll be meeting him in a month or two. So, if you're in Wichita (or nearby), make sure to email me if you're interested in a photo session!

What will Dave be doing?

>>He'll be a satellite technician in communications.

Are you driving there?

>>No! We'll be selling our car once we get to Kansas and finding a new (to us) car in Alaska. Our poor old car would probably never make it to Alaska and it will be cheaper to ship a few things to ourselves (and pack them in our suitcases) than to rent a Uhaul and make the truck up there.

What about the music?

>>Like I said in yesterday's post, Dave plans to record his next album while we're in Alaska and having the funds to put into the music will be HUGE. Believe it or not, Alaska is already one of the top places playing Dave's music! He plans to play shows when we get out there as well.

How long are you staying?

>>Of course we'll have to feel it out once we get there, but we plan to stay for a year or two and hopefully we can transfer somewhere closer to friends and family in the midwest.

picture via

7 comments:

  1. oh that's fast!! exciting, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy!!! You are already moving this week!!! Wild few months for ya girl! cant wait for gorgeous pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! That is so exciting! I hope you and Dave have amazing adventures out there, and I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting!! I cant wait to see pictures either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly am so excited for you. I wish I had the courage to make such drastic changes in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As i've been so absent from blogworld lately, I still follow you and Dave's adventures, and I just have to say that we have SEVERAL friends that have moved to Anchorage and LOVE love love living there and I know y'all will too!! We miss you terribly, but I think this will be such an incredible experience! I can't wait to see how everything turns out :) Love and miss you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck, mallorie! i moved to colorado for about a year & a half with R, and it was a huge culture shock but also a great learning and growing time for us! make sure to meet people so you don't become too isolated out there! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...